Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: you break me down

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sarafinamable's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    fingers sore from these keyboards
    and heart is sore from reading your words
    theres nothing worse than the glowing truth
    sent boldy through open cyberspace
    the shock is mostly my moist face and furrowed brow
    the hurt is mostly locked within myself
    because this icon cares not if i scream and yell

    if i rant and rave
    if i throw my fists
    if it fall to the floor

    sleepless nights and wasted days because this world
    is not accepting of my spontaneous feelings

    crying in "our"deli
    sauntering down "our" street
    sleeping in "our" park

    mind is drowning in cliche's
    bodies curling up alone
    not ready for the pain it takes to face the world without you
    when that was all i knew
    when there is nothing left
    and i cannot run to you
    so all i want

    is to scream and yell
    and rant and rave
    and throw my fists
    and fall to the floor

    because this god damned icon doesn't care
    i don't even know why you put it there to stare me in the face and break me down





    ------------------
    "this is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."
    Gia
    "Our love was comfortable and so broken in"
    John Mayer
    http://www.onemoredrink.moonfruit.com
    First Name Basis is a great, little known band (so far), check out their website

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like this... it was... I don't really know, so I'm just gonna leave it as, I like it.

    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

    If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sarafinamable's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks, i'm glad you liked it. i was sort of thinking that it was alittle to cliche. but kinda twisted too, i guess.

    ------------------
    "this is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."
    Gia
    "Our love was comfortable and so broken in"
    John Mayer
    http://www.onemoredrink.moonfruit.com
    First Name Basis is a great, little known band (so far), check out their website

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Generalkaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2001
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the "our" stanza is the only one I really like. There are flashes of brilliance else where, though, as in "the shock is mostly..." I need more of that. Lines like "I want to scream and shout" hold no information or emotional connection for me. So you want to scream and yell. What about it. Here is something I think we could all stand to remember: your poem is only as good as its worst line. If you can create a stanza like the "our" stanza, you can raise the rest of the poem to that level.

    ------------------
    Fetch me my blue fright wig, that I may be handsome when I unleash my wrath.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Came back, second reading, third reading time wink
    Might I say, I adore the last line.
    I just really dig it.
    I kind of agree with sar, on the point of the "our" stanza... I can see where your coming from General, but I think the poem would've been a much different one had it centered around an Idea such as that stanza represents... just my .02.


    Also, sarafin, I take it you have some sort of messanger?
    if you or anyones' bored...
    MSN - [email protected]
    AOL - ExuBiuS
    Yahoo - ask...
    ICQ - 30444948


    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

    If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sarafinamable's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    funny that that is the only stanza that you liked, that is the one that i don't like. the one that feels like such a blaring cliche. i wasn't even sure if i was going to keep it in.

    ------------------
    "this is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."
    Gia
    "Our love was comfortable and so broken in"
    John Mayer
    http://www.onemoredrink.moonfruit.com
    First Name Basis is a great, little known band (so far), check out their website

  7. #7
    Inactive Member sarafinamable's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks. i do have aol IM: hoholms
    and email: [email protected]

    ------------------
    "this is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."
    Gia
    "Our love was comfortable and so broken in"
    John Mayer
    http://www.onemoredrink.moonfruit.com
    First Name Basis is a great, little known band (so far), check out their website

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •